IDS is a small, innovative IT services company and provides advanced training, generous compensation and excellent benefits. We specialize in hiring people that have both technical and functional business expertise, MBAs, advanced Engineering degrees, and professional certifications. We want to hire the best people, keep them trained in advanced technology, shower them with benefits, and keep them happy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IDS offers referral fees, so if these positions aren't a good fit for you, please consider referring an associate.
We have a position available for a mid-level, multi-platform system administrator to join a growing team at our client's Washington DC site. Candidates should be comfortable in both Linux/UNIX and Windows server environments, while also capable of supporting end-user workstations. Starting salary is flexible dependent on relevant experience. This is a full time position with excellent benefits. This position is on a secured DOD client site that requires the ability to obtain a security clearance, so US citizenship is required
- 3+ years administration experience in Linux (Redhat and CENT OS preferred) and some Windows administration.
- Good understanding of security issues and concerns for desktop and server implementations in a DOD environment. Exp with DOD patching requirements a must.
- Experience with Unix based desktops and standard desktop configuration and support.
- Proven experience independently researching and presenting solutions for complicated problems
Specific Experience that would make you stand out among other candidates:
- Oracle application and database system support experience.
- VMWare ESX configuration and support experience.
- Familiarity with DoD policies such as 8500.2, DISA STIGs is a strong plus, and level 2 accreditation.
What you'll be doing:
- Setup, customization, and maintenance of new and existing Windows and Linux servers
- Full range of system administration duties including account mgmt, backups, security patching and troubleshooting
- Direct customer support for all standard workstations configurations and applications.
- Supporting an Oracle based application and database environment.
- Researching new technologies for all of these environments.
Starting salary is flexible dependent on relevant experience. This is a full time position with excellent benefits. This position is on a secured DOD client site that requires the ability to obtain a security clearance, so US citizenship is required.