Staff Accountant Information
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- General accounting, analysis, and financial reporting duties.
- General ledger analysis, journal entries, month end closing and reconciliations.
- Producing financial statements, journal entries, G/L account analysis.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting, reconciliation and special projects.
- Assists other financial personnel, mainly accounting technicians and budget staff in solving financial problems, such as completing financial transactions, correcting erroneous or discrepant transactions, and identifying/correcting discrepancies.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1-5 years progressive experience. Experience in a government accounting environment a plus.
- Experience reconciling accounts within ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Some cost accounting experience desired
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems
- Excellent organization skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent communication skills
- CPA a definite plus!
- Experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint are all important. Experience in Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Reports, data warehousing a plus. Individual will be expected to become proficient in these applications; training will be available
- Exposure to and/or a desire to learn any facet of database and business application development a big plus.